Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kids today

My youngest brother had just finished his studies from one of local Uni. And now he stay with us while hunting for the real jobs. For the time being, he do teaching with one of local tuition center here nearly Putrajaya. Just ok he said, gain initial experience and get some extra money pocket to fuel for his daily spending.

And what makes me shock or even excited to hear his story is, about the real nature of behavior of kids nowadays. Guess what, according to his story, what i was realized is that, we live in a very2 different scene if we compare it in 90's and 00's.

Kid nowadays is really2 smart, my brother told me. But the term smarts is not in the meaning of doing some novel, kind of brilliant things. Its towards on the things that the kids supposedly being prohibited in doing that. Or I love to use a term of 'man matter thought being a man yet'. Or kid behave or converse like an adult while they are still 9 or 10 years old. And mind you, its happen even they attend a KAFA class. My brother taught there.

I don't know. The generosity of kids nowadays was misleading. Kid should be taught to be generous towards the right things. If they attend for a class then they should behave nicely and study hard. My brother had told a story of one kid that I thinks he is really2 a good kid. A kind of person. When his friend had jerk with some obscene (lucah) word, that kid spontaneously yield on loud-speakers;

'Ustaz, dia cakap tetek mak saya besar!'

It then come as a big hilarious to my brother. As I am also had a big laugh since I hear that story. But indeed, I realize that kids and major of them did not accept an approrpiate lesson when they are at home. At least I think, parents nowadays are too generous and big heart. They do not dare to give their kids a lesson (i mean a really2 serious lesson) while their at home thus their kids do not feel any guilt to converse or behave unnecessarily.

Its poor scene we can easily observe in our life today. Even some of kids really2 dependent on the money. They trade even a biscuit with a penny. "Mintak biskut sikit. Aku bayar kau singgit". Really big different when we were in the old days, friends eager to share anythings and our parent teach us appropriately. Our parent are too kedekut to lend us money so that we understand the money is too valuable. And if we had done bad things, rotan is the answer.

Again I don't know. The system is became too complex. The world is too open. Back into 90's we had only 4 to 5 TV channels and now we may have hundred of them.

And my borther had told me at the end of the conversation.

'Kalau kau hantar anak kau kat sekolah Cina atau omputih, aku rasa anak kau lagi jadi orang dari kau hantar anak kau masuk KAFA atau sekolah rendah biasa'

Too far to realize that thing anyway. But let see.

No comments: